M V

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from India too ..

Ask for a lesser price and you would get

It's all rubbish the pricing I mean

I'm curious, how far does $59 U.S.D. (currently 3782 Rupee) go in India? We have heard form people from Eastern European countries that $200 U.S.D. is a weeks pay for Architects.

Update - It's Friday, delivery day and no progress shots, drafts, questions... nothing.

It's approaching the end of the day in India so let's see what happens in the next couple of hours.

Sent an email an hour ago asking for a the status.

Update - Its been over 2 hours and no email response or update. Good thing I don't have a client meeting where I was going to present this rendering. :mad:

Sounds like the story we have all heard before with communication nightmares. What would happen to you if you didn't email a client back on the day you said you'd deliver?

Edited by matthewvalero

Ok, they sent an image at 12:22 in the afternoon EST, so not too bad. I have attached the images I sent them, below are the quick instructions I provided. I am taking the role as the client that practically sends no information initially, just to test how they can fill in the gaps on their own.

I want to test the revision process, see how fast they can turn it around, etc. Review the images and give me some redlines to pass along.

My Initial Notes

Attached is a plan and some images of the finishes and types of cabinetry and appliances I'd like to see.

01.jpg- backsplash tile and hood and pendants

02.jpg - style of cabinet and counter and stove

03.jpg - Island should look like this

Fridge.jpg -The refrigerator I want to show

The file named Render01 is what they have sent. I've already asked if this is the final resolution as I will expect 4K at a minimum as this seems pretty standard these days.

Fridge.JPG

Floor Plan Layout.jpg

03 Island.JPG

02.JPG

01.JPG

Render01.jpg

Well, there is a lot of details wrong with the image, but what can you expect for the price, really. The chairs and fridge are not the same, the tile backsplash is tiling and doesn't "fade" as it goes behind the hood, the drawer pulls are more stock models they had... etc.

Overall, if this was for a general overview for a generic kitchen, they did it. But, if it's for a client that picked out the details and finishes they wanted to see, it wouldn't pass.

This is where the extra costs would come in, to model the appliance and details correctly, and to create custom maps for shaders or to model those tiles. I know from experience, those are the things that eat up a majority of the hours you have for the project.

Edited by SkylineArch

.......and everyone's going.........$59! holy crap! we really are in trouble!

I'm not to sure just yet. Lets see how close they can come to the desired details that no doubt would be called out by a picky client.

But honestly, you can see that most of what they are using are stock models arranged to match your drawing. If you had the same library build up, a default scene with lighting and render settings complete, you could make the same image in an hour or two. Back when I rendered manufactured homes for a living, we had the templates down to where we could model and render up to 4 houses in an 8 hour day.

By amateurish I mean even in the gallery you see images where the lighting and tones are completely

off - maps are scaled incorrectly - compositions that make you cringe - like the person doesn't "see" how off it . I think we take our visual skills for granted.

I agree with Mark comments, "The devil is in the details" I remember working for a high-end developer and they use to use a magnifying glass to check if everything that was as asked, even the radius of the counter edges. I know this is an exaggeration but, that's what makes the difference when you hire a local Visualization person or when you outsource the work.

Don't take me wrong, putting a side that for sure they are not paying for software and maybe the condition of their work force are not pleasant at best. That render is good. If you don't look details.

Now the question is if you send all Mark comments and change the material from White to a Light wood, will they still charge you $59?

also changing the back splash wall to a something like this

And changing the chairs to the sample you send them already. That would be a regular comment that I would get from my clients for a similar project.

If you read the instructions with acc. images exactly, except for the fridge, they really did a good job for first concept! Now just ask the scene and do the rest yourself...;)

Knowing they are from another country with another language, the next time you could be more specific (e.g. saying plan is final and contains exact material definitions and cabinet/appliances locations), and get a more exact concept the first time. Anyway, even without being a difficult client turning around some wishes, there is still a lot more to adjust, reading into the initial instructions.

Keep in mind: working with foreign parties is a learning process for BOTH parties, and when done right, you both can benefit equally. So be realistic in your expectations.

Edited by Trick

I am from India,

this is only the reason of recession here in the 3D Market.

Full piracy. And the main starting point is the software piracy.

This type of people are called fake 3D visualizers.

And the main thing the client specially indian architects and others wanted to save the money no matter the quality.

Thus they build up their portfolio strong enough.

Just imaging the Indian 3D Market without the torrents and other stuff. It will be Hollow.

My throat is parched inside, speaking this.

Watching this thread with sadness & interest.

Thanks for starting this discussion, deeply thanks.

Sorry, English is not my first language.

For the price, the surrender surprised me, the quality is excellent (for the value), he knew how to elaborate a concept based only on the images, that is great, besides everything fulfilled the deadlines.

Only a very small portion of clients would require something better than that, perhaps developers for the high-end real estate market.

It makes me wonder how much I should improve in my skills, workflow, and hardware, to be able to do the same.

In Brazil, the minimum wage is about U$$ 288 per month.

For a trained architect, the minimum wage for the category, provided by law, is U$$ 2160, however, almost no architect earns it by working in offices. Maybe half of that.

If I have demand and can do 2 jobs like this per day, I would be earning more than 90% of the architects in my country.

I do not know how much is a good salary for architects in the US, but in Brazil, India and Somalia, this is a great salary.

I sent over a few comments on Friday and asked if the final would be 4K resolution. I have not heard back at all. I assume they'll just send a revised render with the comments picked up and hope that its a done deal and collect the $59. This is why these rendering sweatshops don't scare me. There's no customer service, no updates, no drafts for approval. They just crank out mediocre crap hoping to get paid. I'm sure there are clients out there that would be ok with this for the price point but I'm annoyed at this point in the lack of communication.

Oh, and I asked to making the "lighting pop". Just to see how that's translated. :D

...Oh, and I asked to making the "lighting pop". Just to see how that's translated. :D

I've had a client ask for a rendering to be happier.

Thanks for doing this. I still would like to know about how far $59 goes in India. For there, the price may not be so bonkers, but a car still costs about the same anywhere, computers, electric power, software (if you're paying) are going to be about the same anywhere on earth, or perhaps more for remote places where delivering modern things is a haul.

I've had a client ask for a rendering to be happier.

Thanks for doing this. I still would like to know about how far $59 goes in India. For there, the price may not be so bonkers, but a car still costs about the same anywhere, computers, electric power, software (if you're paying) are going to be about the same anywhere on earth, or perhaps more for remote places where delivering modern things is a haul.

Only difference here I guess would be the assumption that the software is illegal and the wages they are paying are sweatshop rates. Anyone know what the going hourly rate would be to work in such a place in India?

Well, there is a lot of details wrong with the image, but what can you expect for the price, really.

Have you ever had a client tell you something was incorrect but that it was okay and fine for them anyway and send you payment immediately?

This service will be fine for real estate stagers/flippers and the typical suburban homeowner but nobody above the lowest hanging fruit.