Need help with finding way to add thickness to my model.

ediskujovic

Hey all

I am doing some organic modeling just so I can play around in free time. The issue is that I started from plane geometry and went to the extremes. Really like what I got, however now I cant add thickens with shell or extrude modifiers since not all polygons are flipped correctly. Some are inside some are outside and applying these modifiers just overlaps geometry.

One solution I could think of is Displacement map. How does is actually work? Can I displace on both sides equally? Is maybe a bump map better solution since I only need thickens for presentation (rendering, animation etc).

Thank you and cheers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11wb0iQF0dljwAEcdyBArzxwqo1-6WMm-/view?usp=sharing

Well actually flipped polygon is bad no matter what, Normal mapping, Displacement, and most everything will be affected by the orientation of the Polygon. Besides, that's the name, "normal map' you know Normals......anyways, there is a Normal modifier that usually works, it has the option to align Normal if some are flipped, but there is nothing like a good old Manual flipping polygon feast. Depending on your mesh it should not take that long, but it will save you many headaches