3D Architectural Visualization Tips for People Trying to Make it in the Industry

jonasmijares

Hello there! I'm new on this website. Basically, I'm also new in the 3D Architectural Visualization world. The thing is, I am trying to transition in this career from Digital Animation and Game Design. I always felt like this is what I would like to further pursue. I really have passion on this field. However, since I'm new, I hope you could help me out by giving me tips about anything to start my career - may it be on the industry itself, technicalities like software I should study, work advices - I mean literally anything!

Also, if you have Instagram accounts of your works, you can comment it so that I could follow you and see your works for inspiration and ideas. Thank you very much! ?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not really active in this forums but I can relate to your background since mine is very similar, I just happen to be on the Illustration side which has help tremendously.

One of the first things I did was buy Visualization books this was my first and still my favorite author "http://jamiecardoso-mentalray.blogspot.com/"

you can find all of his books on Amazon.

I highly suggest jumping into the 3ds max / V-Ray pipeline and start working trying to emulate. I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity at an Architecture Firm. so you might want to try that out. make sure your portfolio has interior Render in different Areas. consistency is key.

one of the more popular contents you might find are luxury apartments. I feel interiors can be easier to learn as oppose to exteriors. each studio has a different pipeline. I work a lot with photoshop given my matte Painting Background but a lot of studios will create all the content in 3D. I would look into studios that I will like to work for and look at Artist portfolio. The biggest thing will be to start learning to read plans, once you understand the basics you are ready to run. VFX pipeline is almost similar to Visualization. just make the image look pretty and try to be as real to the Original Architecture as poossible. different clients will be very picky. but that's what feedback is for. a lot of my VFX buddies can create amazing looking interiors. they just lack the Architecture side of things. if you ever end up working in retail lighting is your biggest challenge. make sure you can replicate a store or a living room and eventually a nice looking building. often time you won't get to model everything but your job as a visual Artist is to showcase the best version of their design. I am always buying assets, to speed up my process so I can concentrate on the overall image. obviously learn how to edit those models in case the design is different.

I hope this helps!!

Angel