Animation Fee

3darchitect

Greetings!

The possibility of offering an animation to a client is presenting itself to me, but I need to provide an estimate to see if it would be financially feasible for them. I understand that animations are priced out either as a flat fee or by the minute or second. This would likely be a 30-60sec animation, so maybe I'd be looking at a $/sec figure.

Does anyone know of what a rough figure would be for a small studio would charge for that? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Depends on where you are going but an average cost for a 90 second short is around $40,000-$80,000 depending on the company and the complexity of the animation. I'm sure you can find cheaper costs but that also diminishes what you would make and you're going to be working either for free or losing money.

Another factor is the completion level of the model you are in. If it is already complete and you may just have to render it, then the cost can go down. Where are you rendering from? Lumion or Enscape may reduce the cost as well, but reduces the end quality of the animation as well.

Fast - Cheap - Good. You can only pick two of those when budgeting a rendering.