Architectural Wallpaper Resources For 3D Texturing

Andrew Adams

Hi everybody,

I am having a real problem finding some wallpaper textures for a bathroom that I am doing for a client. Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where I can find wallpaper textures from wallpaper companies that can be used in archviz projects and that are generally seamless? I don't want to violate any copyrights and the sample that I have been given is very specific (it's an image from a magazine). I have tried a Google Image search and others to find something similar, but no success. So I think my only recourse is wallpaper manufacturers, but I don't know how to go about it.

Anybody with experience in this area, I would greatly appreciate your help! Here in the attachments is the image from the magazine that my client sent me.

Screenshot 2020-10-26 222147.jpg

First ask the client for more info, like was there a manufacturer listed?  What magazine was it in?  Maybe with some sloothing and a few emails you can track it down?  Generally speaking wall covering companies are good about sending you high-res photos of their materials and letting them be used in renderings as it increases the chances of it actually being used in the end.  Wall paper, by it's nature is seamless if you get a large enough representation of the swatch.  Honestly that wallpaper might not even exist in the real world...That image might be a rendering itself, in which case, if that wall covering is actually an image created by another artist, then yes, you might have a copy-right issue to contend with.  I would go back to the client and ask for more info on the source.  It's not a reflection of lack of ability on your part, it's somply a matter of knowing how to mange your clients expectations.

• Like 1

@TomD_Arch thanks so much for the really valuable reply! I have checked with the client and got the magazine etc. as you suggested but it doesn't contain any information about the wallpaper. Given that, and the lack of a match on Google your thought that it may not even be an actual wallpaper is probably correct and something that hadn't crossed my mind. Thanks!

On the general use of wallpapers, it is good to hear that companies are generally willing to provide their wallpapers and I will definitely be approaching a few now.

Thanks again for your time! Really helpful!