What are the chances of finding a good job opportunity using Blender?

Ycaro Rocha

Hi, I have a degree in Architecture and since the course development I have been in love with ArchViz. Since then I have been studying with the goal of making this passion my full-time and final profession. I confess that I have been having difficulties getting projects a little more consistently and this is a little frustrating. 

I started using Blender and fell in love with the way it works. But to work for an archviz company that uses Blender is very difficult, I rarely find one. I live in Brazil and around here I don't know any company that works with it or is flexible allowing the use. 

The question is: How soon do you think Blender should enter the market for good, or will it?

3Dsmax is standard for archviz - which you probably know this already. I would ensure you know it well enough to build detailed scenes quickly. Knowing floor generator tools, forestpro, railclone (or equivalent), multitexture tools, vray/corona will get you a foot in the door if your portfolio is up to par.

Regarding the timeline on blender, not sure but I would continue with it if you enjoy it. I'm sure one day when it has enough arch viz tools and the performance can handle extremely large scenes it will be a serious contender, and you may even be able to do some tasks in blender that are difficult to do in 3dsmax. Point being its always good to have a colleague who knows different toolsets/techniques than you to bounce ideas off or help you with a project.

• Like 1