Photo of the DAY - Ongoing

AJLynn

That doesn't look like camera shake, just a lens not being sharp. It ought to be a fairly decent lens at f/8, but it gives pretty bad CA at 10mm and corner sharpness is bad no matter what you do.

Here's the dome at St. Peter's, with the highly underrated yet trusty Nikon 18-105 :)

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grab your spray paint...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38563[/ATTACH]

Love IT!! how many stops in this photo??

I'm currently learning the ropes on my ipad for photo editing, and loving it. Unfortunately the CGA forum software won't allow me to upload when using the ipad, so I still have to email myself the edited version and then upload it the conventional way.

This photo is just me playing on the ipad -

Grab your spray paint...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38563[/ATTACH]

Nice SP Claudio ;)

My work sent me up to Dundee for a couple of days to take pictures for a competition we're doing for a new museum building. A combination of general shots and background plates for visualisations. Hey it's a tough job but someone's got to do it, right? :cool:

This is a 360° panorama taken from the top of the Law hill which overlooks the city. 2 rows of 13 shots with 3 bracketed exposures taken for each. All stitched using Autodesk Stitcher.

This is a reduced size version, the final image was around 17,000 px wide.

how many stops in this photo??

f/10 @ 1/8, ISO 200 18-55mm @ 18mm

This exposure was originally to be combined with 8 others as an hdr, but I just wasn't getting what I wanted out of the combined exposures. So, I just brought in the single RAW file into CS4 and went to town on it with Nik Tools.

Took this picture of my wife recently on our one year wedding anniversary in Cape Town, South Africa. Perfect day on top of the world!! Awesome!!!

Ok, Now you are just showing off ;) Congrats on the anniversary.

Nothing uber special about this shot. I got a new lens (Sigma 70-200 f2.8) and wanted to test it out. It allows me to be somewhat of a voyeur. In reality though, one of the reasons I got it was so that I could shoot people without them knowing.

So far I am iffy on whether I am happy with it. The quality of the bokeh doesn't feel good yet, and I was hoping it would shoot a little sharper. At least on the distant shots I have tried with it, this is a fairly close shot, so the sharpness is vastly better than the distance, but the blokeh still fills so-so to me.

I have only had it out twice, and neither of those times were optimal, so hopefully the experience improves as I use it more.

Edited by Crazy Homeless Guy

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted on my way into the office yesterday. That would be a stuffed animal tiger mounted on a bike so that it "looks" like someone is riding a tiger when they are peddling down the road.

I think the chain that is locking up the bike is a nice touch. It adds a touch of rugged wildness that matches the tiger.

Taken with iPhone 3g.