Photo of the DAY - Ongoing

AJLynn

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shot this one the other night, I've been wanting to work on the realism of the light trails in renderings, so I set out to capture some myself as reference. Shot this on lombard st. during a break in the rain.

Nikon D5000 w/ 12mm Nikkor Lens.

30 sec exp @ F10

I ran down the hill while the shutter was open and popped the ramp and the adjacent wall with a speedlight.

Edited by BrianKitts

Arnold, nice set, I especially like the shots with the baloon props, she has a lot of energy showing through!

nice trails brian, haven't tried any night long exposure shooting yet, looks interesting.

here's two from the other day at the franklin institute here in town, with the canon s95

This is a large pendulum that demonstrates the tilting of the earth by knocking down pegs throughout the day

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41901[/ATTACH]

this just seemed an odd rig of stairs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41900[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

Got the change to walk around Citizens Bank Park the other day, it was raining though, so we weren't allowed on the field... !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42284[/ATTACH]

among quite a few other awesome kiddo pics which i wont impose on you all was this neat little gem my wife snagged with her s95

I just found this thread in the forums. There are a lot awe-inspiring photographs, thanks for sharing :)

Here is my first contribution to the thread. Photograph taken with a SLR Nikon FM10 and Nikkor Zoom 35-70mm lens. Kodak Professional T-MAX 400 Black and White film. Louvre Museum, Paris.

5093752814_e006ea8c70_b.jpg

Ernesto, I process my own B&W film and sometimes get some darkroom time and make prints but mostly scan the film with a 35mm scanner. It allows pretty easy contrast control in Vuescan and if I want to get real technical on it I can make a DNG file for ACR.

Very nice composition, shades and contrast. I haven't processed film since my last photography class about five years ago. Do you have a dark room at home? If so, how hard is it to set up? I have been thinking about checking out the local community college. Maybe they let me pay a fee in order to have access to their dark room.

Very nice. You've got a lot of well rendered fine detail in there. So if you're not processing do you send out? There's a shop near me that will do dip&dunk processing of B&W for $5, but it's easy enough at home. No dark room, just a changing bag - you can get these (and everything else) from freestylephoto.biz. It's a double walled zippered black bag with arm holes, you just pull the film leader and cut it in the light then put everything in the bag and load the spool, then do the rest on the kitchen counter.

Oof. If I got processing and 20MB TIFFs from the shop near me it would be under $15. I was lucky to get a good film scanner off Craigslist for $75, and since the chemicals hardly cost anything (HC-110 or Rodinal, cheap and easy to mix) and the film can be had cheap (freestylephoto.biz Arista Premium films are rebranded Tri-X and Plus-X for about half price) operating costs are low.