Materials won't reflect

maica

Hi, I've been having problems when rendering my views in VRay. Some of the materials won't show in the reflection. The object reflects but with only the default sketchup material not with the material applied. This often happens to me :(

I attached a sample of the rendered image. [ATTACH=CONFIG]44146[/ATTACH]

The graphics and the border of the graphic which is supposed to be metal won't reflect properly on the three mirrors in the image.

The first thought I have is to make sure that all of your materials are vray materials, and that under the options tab that trace reflections is turned on, also make sure that all of your objects are visible to reflections in the object properties. Second, stripe the materials and try making the materials from scratch. I've had problems with bringing materials into max or converting them to vray and not having them work right

How do i check the object properties for the materials? I'm just wondering because some of my materials do show, but some don't and a lot of my materials need to come out of my own jpeg files because they are graphics or some special material. And what do you mean by striping?

to check the object properties you select the object and then right click and choose "object properties" for materials you open your material editor, select the eyedropper, and click on the object. That will put the assigned material into the material editor and you can edit that material. though be careful if that material is already in the editor and you make adjustments to the one you just brought in it won't take effect, the original material that is still in the editor is still the active one and that is the one that needs to be edited.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...