Hello, I'm making ultrarealistic 3D people models using 120 DSLR photogrammetry rig

denisvoronin

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've purchased about 25 of these models so far and the quality is very good. They were significantly cheaper and also posed much better than their competitors models and the clothing is much less distracting. I’ve found that Denis is very willing to work with me on any problems I’ve had which is a nice change from the silence I usually get from AXYZ. You can count me as one happy customer!

Just wanted to let everybody know that we are now adding more businesslike "black" version of our most popular models. If original version seems too bright or too casual for your scene - black version may suit your needs better. Check it out at "futurescan.co"

Edited by denisvoronin

He is is my former business partner. We broke up in August 2014 and divided our collection roughly 50%. He wanted to create his own resource a-la axyz-design.com - I wanted to minimise expenses and sell on turbosquid.com. I started selling my half of the collection on turbosquid.com in the beginning of September 2014 but something probably didn't work out for 3dhumanity and he came to turbosquid.com as well in October - at first he was selling his part of the collection but pretty soon - in maybe 7-10 days he started selling mine as well - we had a disputeon turbosquid.com - I hold model releases for every model I sell (you can inquire turbosquid.com about that), I even provided photos of models holding piece of paper with "I grant exclusive right to sell my images to Futurescan" but as turbosqud.com is a Company incorparated in Luisiana, USA I can only sue 3dhumanity in Luisiana Court, USA which is waay too expensive to my business at the moment. So, half of what he is selling is stolen from me. And he is not cheaper anymore as you can see. It is strange but I can't do anything with him selling my digital content even holding proper model releases and even Digital Millenium Act won't help. So, 3dhumanity is a thief - nothing more. His latest models though are 100% his, chosen by him, paid by him etc - you can see "the quality" of it. This guy has absolutely no business ethics. Sorry I replied after a week you posted here - just received a notification into my e-mail inbox.

Edited by denisvoronin

Anyway I will not pricematch content stolen from me. Everybody decides for himself if he wishes to save a few dollars by buying stolen models. But in this case it's more economical to download it from some torrent sites I guess. Thank you.

Recently I had somebody selling my whole collection on cgtrader.com for 20 USD a model but as soon as I provided model releases the collection was suspended (in a single day) and the user was banned from posting on cgtrader.com (cgtrader.com Administration told me he was from Russia so it could also be 3dhumanity) but with turbosquid.com I just have to sit and watch 3dhumanity continue selling my models.

Edited by denisvoronin

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff, strangely enough - yes. But he has only about 25 of my models. Others are either his from the very beginning or new models made entirely by him - the more both mine and his collections grow the less important these 25 models are in a revenue structure.

Edited by denisvoronin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good morning Denis,

I was looking at your products the last two days as I have a rather large up coming job with medical requirements. I understand your business is new but I offer three pieces of advice.

1. Offer all of your products in as many formats as possible (Max, OBJ, C4D, FBX) and with as many render engines as possible (VRay, Mental Ray, Maxwell). I'd suggest you sell all formats as one package all the time.

2. Keep all of your models as generic and versatile as possible. Less pointing and odd poses and more everyday poses - sitting. Maybe have each model perform several poses in your capture rig.

3. As you move forward add try to add content that is industry specific such as ethnic, medical, sports, entertainment, business. Group your packages this way.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,

thank you very much for your remarks. We listen to our customers. For all of our new models we include max, vray versions as well as both high and lowpoly obj files - it is all in a single package. You are absolutely right about generic poses - we will try our best to make future models as generic as possible )). We are currently working on adding ethnic diversity - I understand that this is an absolute necessity for most customers. Tom, please write to dasfuturescan at gmail.com

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

as our collection grows we have been continuously asked to create models catalog which would make models browsing more convenient and we did. If interested you can download up-to-date catalog of all individual models with basic info and hypertext links - all in a single Excel spreadsheet. The Catalog can be found here http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-max-model-people-archviz/847088?referral=futurescan - on the right side of the screen under "Previews" section. Comments are welcome. Thank you.

It would be helpful if you added thumbnails to the excel sheet.

As your collection grows, it will be important to keep your products organized well to avoid product confusion. For example, it's not clear what 'signature editions' are and how they differ from the base versions. are they special in some way? unique to futurescan as opposed to the very early models?