Hello, I'm making ultrarealistic 3D people models using 120 DSLR photogrammetry rig

denisvoronin

John, thanks for your reply. In fact there are thumbnails for each of the models - just point a mouse at the second column ie you point a mouse at "Businessman" and his thumbnail should appear right on the screen. Or you meant something different?

Edited by denisvoronin

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

nicnic,

thank you for you input. First of all - we welcome competition and we are glad you made your choice. Second - we have over 50 models which are vray ready - let's look for instance at the latest collection:

The Pack includes:

1. Spring Casual Man 12 (VRAY ready)

2. Spring Casual Man 11 (VRAY ready)

3. Spring Businessman 14 (VRAY ready)

4. Spring Businessman M 04 (sitting) (VRAY ready)

5. Businessman 04

6. Spring Businessman 06 (VRAY ready)

7. Spring Casual Man 04 white T-shirt (VRAY ready)

8. Spring Businessman 01 (VRAY ready)

9. Businessman 04 new

10. Spring Casual Man 05 (VRAY ready)

11. Spring Businessman 12 (VRAY ready)

12. Casual Man 05 new

13. Spring Casual Man 02 (VRAY ready)

14. Spring Casual Man 01 (sitting) (VRAY ready)

15. Spring Casual Man 07 (VRAY ready)

16. Spring Casual Man 06 (VRAY ready)

17. Spring Casual Man 08 (VRAY ready)

18. Spring Casual Man 09 (VRAY ready)

19. Spring Casual Man 10 (VRAY ready)

20. Businessman 08

21. Spring Businesswoman 04 (VRAY ready)

22. Spring Businesswoman 02 (VRAY ready)

23. Businesswoman 06 new

24. Businesswoman 19

25. Businesswoman 09 new

26. Casual Woman 15 new,

27. Spring Businesswoman 01 (VRAY ready)

28. Spring Businesswoman 05 (VRAY ready)

29. Spring Businesswoman06 black shoes (VRAY ready)

30. Spring Casual Woman 02 (VRAY ready)

31. Spring Businesswoman 03 (VRAY ready)

32-33 Spring Couple (VRAY ready)

34. Spring Casual Woman 03 (VRAY ready)

35. Spring Businesswoman 04 (VRAY ready)

Third, we shoot RAW on Canon DSLR with prime lenses - so we could include even 16K textures but after consultations with several archviz pros - we decided there is no practical need to it. We as well include high and low poly models as well and our collections offer discounts which are in fact are steeper compared to renderpeople. The quality of the models? Well everybody can check it themselves. Again, thank you, nicnic.

Edited by denisvoronin

It seems to me that most people in archviz use vray, so you should prioritize making all of your models vray ready; it can be really frustrating browsing models, finding one you like and then find out it does not work with your render engine. That alone can be enough to make people choose your competitors. When it comes to the resolution of the maps, you should offer the 16 or at least 8 k maps, as people can easily downsize the textures themselves. Scaling up textures however is never good. The only arguement i can see that the high resolution maps are not needed is because usually the 3d scanned people do not look that great up close. However specular maps can help the believability of the models substantially in this regard, and this is also something that renderpeople supplies (at least in their free sample models), however you do not seem to supply them (at least i could not find it in your free samples). So you have some room for improvement, but keep up the good work!

thanks for addressing my post

the texture res isnt the main issue - its the ability to buy them and literally merge into a scene without having to convert from standard mats

even with scripts and a level of automation its annoying when time is of the essence.

i look forward to buying from you in future (when EVERYTHING is native vray...)

• 2 weeks later...

Not to be the cranky one in this thread but, honestly if it is V-Ray ready or not that is the last of my concern, when you use people in renderings there is other important factors that differentiate a pro from a non pro and that it is that the people fit perfectly in your scene. People has to be right regarding cloth season, style, age, race and activity.

Thankfully Future scan and other new 3D people scanning companies are doing a better job that they did time ago. I and my clients got tired of the same 'ole business people in the street or way old person in colleges renderings. variety is the key, V-Ray, Mental ray, Corona and what not it is a plus, but it is not a decisive point to make my purchase choice. Changing to other render engine is easy and is one time deal. extra maps as normal maps and opacity, speculars are a very good option too and easier to create while working in the model.

Edited by fco3d

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Denis,

Thanks for the offer.

I have purchased several of your models.

However when I attempt to extract the file, I get the following errors:

! C:\Users\DAVID-TURNER\Desktop\RIGGED-MAN-001\autumn_casualman_04 rig (1).rar: Checksum error in autumn_casualman_04_normalmapfor9k.tif. The file is corrupt

! C:\Users\DAVID-TURNER\Desktop\RIGGED-MAN-001\autumn_casualman_04 rig (1).rar: Unexpected end of archive

Good day,

here's our first ready for rig model (which is free): http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-max-model-gigapixel-people/1025703?referral=futurescan. Thanks.

I would suggest you create your base version with some pleasant expression on their face. Most people creating models direct them to have a blank resting face pose but it's really quite unnatural and contributes to zombie looks. While we generally don't walk around with smiles on our faces every day, our work tends to be an idealized version of reality so smiles would be nice.

This industry really needs to start thinking about splitting out the maps like the games industry. The baked-in diffuse just makes these things look like wax figures. I get so jelly each time I watch a development diary on how digital humans are done in VFX and games, and then I realize this is the level we are at......

I preset to you. Mr. Divot-Head Douche, Mr. Way Too Excited to get Scanned, and Mr. I'm Not Not masturbating to CornHub on my TV.

jIrjzsk.jpg