Vray- Can't render inside my apartment but can outside?? Please help!

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me! I set up an apartment in Revit, and am now working on a visualisation in 3D Studio Max and using Vray to render. I have been adding furniture all day and doing renders fine, and I'm not sure at what point it happened but I now cannot render. It is just a black screen when I use ActiveShade Renderer and it crashes when I try to do a proper render. I have tested other files and they all render fine. I have tried deleting all the furniture I added in case this was the reason but it still won't work.

The really weird thing is though that when I do an external render of my apartment in that same file it's fine. As soon as I move my camera inside though it is all black.

I have environment turned on, a sun and inside lights so I'm kind of lost what to do!

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Danica

Fist thing to do is turn on Object Color. That will let the viewport tell you if you are seeing the interior of a wall or not.

Next I would look at your glass material to make sure it is letting light in.

Then I would mess with exposures even if they are crazy unreasonable to see if its a low light thing or not.

Last I would take a photographic approac and only concern myself with the artificial lights exposure and let the environment light just be. This is why you see all white out windows in photographs. The environment is WAY too high powered, but not illuminating the space enough. You can always lower the environment to match once you know the artificial lights are doing their job right.

In the end you will want to use a more physically accurate exposure setting, but as a trouble shoot try a really low shutter and F-Stop with a really high ISO. if that works then it is a light or glass issue.

Oh, and there is always the possibility of accidentally having turned off lights in the render menu, but this is unlikely if you are getting an exterior view to render in the same file.

Ppl already stressed the fact you might be in a wall. Ontop of that, you have to make sure light is reaching the interior to begin with.

• Does the "glass pane object" have thickness, or is it just a surface? -> make sure it has some thinkness.
  • Do you have Vray Light portals infront of your windows?
  • Is your interior lighting anywhere strong enough to "count"?