SF/Bay Area Meet Up?

Crazy Homeless Guy

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

har har Gilbert.

So, almost forgot, Another thought, Brian K. and I we're chatting and thought maybe we could also grab a case or something & do a meet up to share some work that inspires us, share some of our favorite resources, maybe watch some of our favorite animation from over the years, and drink some brews. Maybe watch some architecture ted talks..

I'd be happy to host at my office space It's got a decent conference room with a projector we could hook up some laptops too - http://reactorsf.com/

Probably not a bad time of year for an inspiration session. Can show some of last years work, and inspire others for the new year.

21st Amendment rocks, but is a bit of a nut house (packed) on fridays (assuming we'll do a friday since none of us know when to cut ourselves off!)

I vote for the in house session, everyone brings a a thumb drive and a sixer of unique microbrews to try.

• 2 weeks later...
har har Gilbert.

So, almost forgot, Another thought, Brian K. and I we're chatting and thought maybe we could also grab a case or something & do a meet up to share some work that inspires us, share some of our favorite resources, maybe watch some of our favorite animation from over the years, and drink some brews. Maybe watch some architecture ted talks..

I'd be happy to host at my office space It's got a decent conference room with a projector we could hook up some laptops too - http://reactorsf.com/

Can you elaborate a bit more on what to bring/present. Is this work we have done in the past (2010 or at anytime), what kind of images? Final? Wireframes? Animations? Anything else to bring??

Can you elaborate a bit more on what to bring/present. Is this work we have done in the past (2010 or at anytime), what kind of images? Final? Wireframes? Animations? Anything else to bring??

whatever suites your fancy, stills, animations, wireframes, anything really. Since it's the first time doing it, don't really see why we can't share anything form our whole body of work stretching before 2010...

Just a heads up, Invited another 3dmax/vray guru to join us. Jeppe, he's from Denmark and recently moved into our office space.

His site is www.sixfoot5.com

address just in case:

179 11th Street

SF, CA 94103

There's a call box downstairs, just buzz up to the reactor space (Floor 3) and I can buzz ya in, or just call my cell and I'll come down.

• 2 months later...
Maybe in the next 2 or 3 weeks we'll start planning another get together...

Funny you should mention it. I may be in San Francisco centered around the weekend of May 7/8. My GF has a meeting and I'm tagging along. She's trying to make it the Fri. or Mon. so we can stay a few days. If I could catch up with my renderer friends while there, that would be great.

• 1 month later...

…ok it’s that time again. The “SF/Bay Area meet up”, a little overdue, but always worth the wait. All the previous “meet up” have been a lot of fun and this next one should be no exception.

Hopefully we can schedule something on one of the following Friday June 10th, 17th, or 24th. Let us know what day works best for you?

New comers are always welcome as this is a great opportunity to meet a local group of CG arch artist that all share the same interest.

Location to be determined. However, downtown SF is the norm.Suggestions are always welcome.

Edited by anejo