VRay C4D Sun simulation

Frosty

Ok guys, I recently moved to a new office and have jumped into using VRay C4D. I'm learning and developing, but I need a solution to a problem. I need to calculate and render real shadow patterns for a specific site. Is there a way to use a solar model and geographic coordinates with VRay Sun/Sky?

This seems to be a pretty basic feature that just about every app can do, but I cant see how to do it with VRay.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure how accurate this is but why not use the sun object of c4d and add the vray light tag to that to make it a vray sun with physical sky.

Now you can add the cordinates in the sun object and choice your hours of the day. I think this should work.

Han

Thanks Han. That's exactly what I did to work around it. Another trick is to pop the Sun inside a null so you can compensate for a site that is not on true North.

I also question its accuracy. But if its not correct, it sure looks close! I'm going to compare summer/winter solstice shadow patterns generated this way with other software to see how close it is.