Theatre of Schwerin (Exterior)

mohamad

On your journey, don't lose sight of where you're heading. The details are nice, but by now I'm forgetting what you are going to do as a final. It is helpful to keep in mind your goal artwork and try not to have the little pieces get in your way.

Think about how matte painters work. They start by massing in colors, tones. They build detail until they're done. In 3D, we tend to work the other way around, We start with details upon details, working towards a time when it all comes together. But without an overall vision, do we really need this detail or that one?

Do you have some sketches or layouts showing where you want to go with this project?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On your journey, don't lose sight of where you're heading. The details are nice, but by now I'm forgetting what you are going to do as a final. It is helpful to keep in mind your goal artwork and try not to have the little pieces get in your way.

Think about how matte painters work. They start by massing in colors, tones. They build detail until they're done. In 3D, we tend to work the other way around, We start with details upon details, working towards a time when it all comes together. But without an overall vision, do we really need this detail or that one?

Do you have some sketches or layouts showing where you want to go with this project?

oh thanks. ah it's my problem with lemog to :D he always say "you don't need this details" yes, the scene become huge now and I know most of details aren't visible (but I will get some close up). but what I attend to details when i know it? because this project (and all of my free time projects) are for my practice. some times I want practice in modeling, some times in light, in render and etc. so will work in details of that(model, light...).

In this project I want have practice in all parameters that are important in exterior. My experience (in all part) aren't acceptable for me. So there work in all thing to learn and learn and learn.

About final goal, as I said, I never have sketch for my works because my feel change in the progress. surely I know what I want do and have different sketch in my mine. So in the project, let me see what will going...

Just can say that I will have two type render: 1. photo realistic, 2.Artistic

oh thanks. ah it's my problem with lemog to :D he always say "you don't need this details"

hahahaha... you doesn't need the answer, you know it before...

Of course, you must take a choice about detailing... as you don't have any precise photos of details to go further... you could be sure the result will be not enough precise to do of each part a single masterpiece, or only a different masterpiece, I think it's not your goal, even if that make much pictures to show... just try to put the good mood in each pieces... the most precise shape you can, with a good textures will be enough I mean...

...you must finish it one day man...

...you must finish it one day man...

some times I really forget it :D

- So sorry for another delay. I'm too busy. first I move to my new office and it take many time. second I must finish my 4 in progress commercial projects. each of those are complex. I finish three of those. Another work, I change my web site design and it's steel in progress. it take many time of me. (http://www.msaatchi.com)

Also I must think about my study and now I know that will going to england to continue 3D Art. But I don't know which school is better! seeking about... and it take my free time! so now, have not enough free time for schwerin. I need one or two another week to find time for continue the project.

hope return soon and finish the project :)

• 5 weeks later...

helllllo my friends after many days, LOL!

I'm glad that return there, I was so busy badly! totally now allthing are good.

ok, I continue the statue in top front, don't attend many in details because decide that work in details when I add texture for it.

saatchi_schwerin_58.jpg

Just please attentin about my site and also Schwerin Theater home page. I change design of the site and some links changed. please update your bookmarks!

for example, rss feed of the project path, changed. for more infomration look there:

http://www.msaatchi.com

http://SchwerinTheater.msaatchi.com

and also I moving into my new office, so for new phone and address, look there:

http://www.msaatchi.com/contact/

be nice,

Hello mate, it's nice to see you here another time Mohamad...

and the last part modelize is perfect to be at the top of the theater face !

I take a look to your new Theater page, it's very good like that, clear and clean, very good to appreciate how there's much work on this project... congrats man...

Hello mate, it's nice to see you here another time Mohamad...

and the last part modelize is perfect to be at the top of the theater face !

I take a look to your new Theater page, it's very good like that, clear and clean, very good to appreciate how there's much work on this project... congrats man...

thanks friend, your words always are warm for me, now you know which object remaining?

• 5 weeks later...

Tommy L, wodewil thanks :)

I finish my last project and now have more time for schwerin theater. you can see that project renders from there:

http://www.msaatchi.com/news/?newsID=151

ok, material started finaly. In the scene is many objects so I trying to signing objects. then will define main texture. In below render you can see this progress. click on image to see bigger size.

saatchi_schwerin_62.jpg

As I said I liked use maxwell for final render but I think it take many time and my system can not handle it. so I will do it with VRay and if I found some way, wil try again it with maxwell.

So keep your look there to see what will happen.

Some website say me that write "Making Of Schwerin Theater" so may write first part of it this week and publish it on the next week.

Hello Mr Mohamad!

2'nd one looks great in my CRT :)

ps: that "Visualization of Villa in Exterior And Interiro"... ahh I'm sorry I write it here but Y've not made any thread with this :( I'd love to see larger images when ready ... Amazing work, great,wow :D especialy the exteriors and "Rustic Villa Exterior Garden" the most..uff

Hello Mr Mohamad!

2'nd one looks great in my CRT :)

ps: that "Visualization of Villa in Exterior And Interiro"... ahh I'm sorry I write it here but Y've not made any thread with this :( I'd love to see larger images when ready ... Amazing work, great,wow :D especialy the exteriors and "Rustic Villa Exterior Garden" the most..uff

sure I will upload big images of that project soon. thanks for your words. In this project I was interior and exterior designer and materials, textures and... was my idea. Architect of the proeroject required rustic villa so I try to make it good. hope it become... (customer and architect say me that it's fantastic!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm, I have problem for continue the project. it's about final scene:

• I can make the building completely and then mix it in picture.
  • I can make the building and scene with other buildings, plans, charcters and etc.
  • I can....

What you suggest?!

Finally I decide moving to Milan, Italy so need have better portfolio. for continue this project I decide to make all other part of the scene that it's contained people, plans, building, bridge and etc, but for my portfolio, and for my time, decide to stop it in this level for now, and start another superb building. then will return and will complete this project.

But what will be my next project?

Reconstruct MILAN CATHEDRAL

msaatchi_a01.jpg

msaatchi_milan_cathedral_a02.jpg

I can make the building and scene with other buildings, plans, charcters and

Of course, that will the best choice... that will give the "life"... but of course, that give you again more work on it... but the final goal must be at the same level than the wip, and make live to a masterpiece... the final big picture ;-)

About the Milan Cathedral... sure that will be a great piece ! not my prefered one, but an interesting choice anyway... and for sure an another project very greedy in polygons... but I know you like that much !

For now, I'm waiting the final scene of Schwerin Theater...