Theatre of Schwerin (Exterior)

mohamad

wowww....

Good luck Mohammad! I've been to Milan last year and the Duomo has way, way, way more details then the Theatre of Schwerin....

Ps: if you need reference picture just ask me, I have a lot

thanks man, I will need those, so will contact you.

Of course, that will the best choice... that will give the "life"... but of course, that give you again more work on it... but the final goal must be at the same level than the wip, and make live to a masterpiece... the final big picture ;-)

So what you suggest for final scene? As I said, I want going to milan and for get job, need better portfolio, What you suggest for final scene? myself liked make all part of the scene but it take many time...

About the Milan Cathedral... sure that will be a great piece ! not my prefered one, but an interesting choice anyway... and for sure an another project very greedy in polygons... but I know you like that much !

yes, I like it because it have thousands & thousands polygons...wow...

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you suggest for final scene? As I said, I want going to milan and for get job, need better portfolio, What you suggest for final scene? myself liked make all part of the scene but it take many time...

That can be simple... too much other details doesn't desserve your creation... but a simple environment... as sky, simple background, trees, streetlights, and some peoples... a little as I do for my world's fair wallpapers, you can blur a little the crowd... just some details to add life and reference size... the atmosphere so... you have much imagination, I have much confidence about you ;-)

I want going to milan and for get job, need better portfolio, What you suggest for final scene? myself liked make all part of the scene but it take many time...

Putting complex scenes in your portfolio is a waste of time. Do a series of simple works that show what you can do. For example, if you want to work on the cathedral, make ONE pier to show your modeling skill. Show it as a sculptural piece of art.

Pretend you got the job you want. What would your responsibilities be? Do samples of those tasks, and break them out. Here's lighting, here's modeling, here's how I planned the work, here's my research, etc. Make it easy for others to imagine you working with them. Making one massively complex piece all by yourself does not show how you work day to day, and that is what an employer wants to see.

Also, if you would probably be hired to work in a studio, do not show work that looks like you want to be the studio head. People want talent they can train and control, not competition for THEIR job.

Good luck!

...just some details to add life and reference size... the atmosphere so... you have much imagination, I have much confidence about you ;-)

Ok, I will do it. your comments can not reject....

Putting complex scenes in your portfolio is a waste of time. Do a series of simple works that show what you can do.

....Pretend you got the job you want. What would your responsibilities be? Do samples of those tasks, and break them out. Here's lighting, here's modeling, here's how I planned the work, here's my research, etc. Make it easy for others to imagine you working with them. Making one massively complex piece all by yourself does not show how you work day to day, and that is what an employer wants to see.

Good luck!

many thanks for your valuable advise. I want you know I really enjoy work in high detailed models. so it's not reason to make complex portfolio just it's my fun... For job, I want be Architectural Visualisor, for modeling at first. it's my fun. for this I said that will stop the schwerin project and will continue the cathedral...

For now, I decide finish the theater and then start cathedral. I think it will be better and as you say, will not attend to all and all parts and categories of visualization.

Let me see what can I do, I really need your advises always.

many thanks again,

ok, as I said, I decide complete the Schwerin then will start Milan Cathedral. Finally I decide

what scene I make for this. In my references, right side of the building is Museum and left side are trees.

I don't want make musume, so will not get renders that this part be visible.

So what will I make for finall scene:

1. Trees

2. People

3. Some Car

4. Landscape

5. Some buildings roof and wall (if it need)

NOw, about trees, peoples and cars what you suggest? I make those or mix with photo or use ready models?

I start bridge this morning and you can see it there:

saatchi_schwerin_65.jpg

There is The Theater zone. Most part stored with trees so it make my work easier but will

get more render time for render trees and plans.

May someone send me some photos from google earth for this zone in high quality? At this time I haven't access to my googlearth.

saatchi_schwerin_67.jpg

hey Mohammad, your angle looks nice, but since you did a super detailed model, you could also try a closer shot.

good luck

sure, I said before that I will have three final scenes from different view, one from far and other from near, also I will have some closeup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for delay. At this time I want start texturing of all parts then return to final scene composite.

I start from flowerpots, I think it must be bronze. So start making good bronze material for this theater. This image is not good, it become gold+copper and bronze I think. It need more work. Then I will make it dirty.

flowerpot_material_test1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Good news... welcome back my friend ;-)

thanks friend but again problem!!!!

I'm really tired! VISTA kill me! I REALLY SUGGEST YOU DON'T USE IT! You will find many problems!!!

I will write an article about it soon! If you try to update your vista, it update directX to 10 and don't attend that your VGA support it or no! I have fx 7600 and when run my max, see that display scene have problem. DirectX on vista cannot remove! So I need reinstall my vista!!!

My god!!!

OK, I come back to XP! and all thing work good! I worked on the flowerpot material. It was hard because color and type of the flowerpots in my references wasn't like any metal! anyway I try to make bronze material, when I make it, start some changes on it to make material near to my references. and result is there and I think it's good. What you think? (You can buy it with three different material from here.)

saatchi_schwerin_71.jpg

I make hard black lines on it to show damages on flowerpot from far renders. If I have close up of it, will make these parts, hard Bump.

The second appear very dark... generally, when bronze is old or dirty, it comes grey-green...

The clear version is possible when the piece when recently cleaned, you don't think ? and when it's clean... there's some parts more bright, that react much with the light when it's clean.

An another thing disturb me a little, it's the sharp edges at some places in these models... This kind of object carried out in bronze are usually moulded, the angles are rather rounded, not faceted like that...

...you see what I want to explain ?

In any case, is better for me, for the pot ! just he hard edges a bit... hard...

The second appear very dark... generally, when bronze is old or dirty, it comes grey-green...

of course, but I see different statue that maked by bronze and I see that bronze have different type! I see some of those become grey-green as you say, but some other, no! Also when I attend to my refrences, see that these parts are near to orange! So I will make changes again in final scene.

The clear version is possible when the piece when recently cleaned, you don't think ?

I can't understand. please give more description.

An another thing disturb me a little, it's the sharp edges at some places in these models... This kind of object carried out in bronze are usually moulded, the angles are rather rounded, not faceted like that...you see what I want to explain ? In any case, is better for me, for the pot ! just he hard edges a bit... hard...

I like know what you say mate, may I understand better if you show me some picture. I'm so interest to make my project very near to real.